CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Fruit Trays



I have a friend who wanted some pictures of some of the trays and chocolate fountains that I have used at events I have catered. Here are the ones I have found so far and hopefully will be able to add a few more later. This particular fruit tray is a little overloaded but you can get the general idea. I would recommend refilling rather then piling it all up so that visually you can see the colors of all the fruit.
Choose a pineapple that is ripe but has a beautiful top or trim the dried parts off so that the leaves are still pointed. Cut off the top and put it in the middle of the tray. Cut off the bottom and discard. Then depending on the size of the fruit cut the pineapple into 6 or 8 wedges leaving the outside skin on. To make the PINEAPPLE BOATS, cut off the hard middle section then use your knife to cut as close to the skin as you can to make a wedge of pineapple. Put the wedge back on top of the skin and slice crosswise down the wedge making 1/4-1/2 inch peices. Fan your pineapple boats on your tray and then fill the area between with other fresh fruit. I like whole strawberries and grapes. I like to leave the grapes with their own color, so normally I would have a section of strawberries, one of red grapes and then one of green, alternating every other one.
Simple and inviting!

3 comments:

Bridi said...

YUM! When is your next party? haha Who doesn't love it when Sarah hosts something?

Ashlee and Shane said...

i need to get some ideas from you for when all our fam comes in for graduation. I want a fruit tray and some snacky type things and i want good presentation. I lack in that department...so i will have to pick at your brain! :)

Lauren said...

everything looks amazing Sarah! I want the cupcake recipes :)